.
.
.

at a glance: bedrooms


Am I the only one who gets kinda sleepy and just wants to curl up and go to sleep after looking at a really comfortable looking bed? Is it just me, I wonder, or do other people also have this visually triggered sleepy syndrome?

Psychological self examination aside, it is surely an undisputed fact that the bed is the most important object in one's sleeping quarters. However, there are some other things that can also have a reasonably profound effect on such a space; things like light, colour, ornaments, soft furnishings.

I've actually recently been doing a little work on my own bedroom; before Christmas I did a major overhaul and got rid of a lot of junk, put away a lot of ornaments that I still feel attached to but didn't want to display, and generally tried to follow the philosophy of Mr William Morris, who said "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." I didn't necessarily completely succeed (because getting rid of stuff is hard, man!) but it's a definite improvement. Doing all that means that there is some room for new decorations, so I've been making some cushions for my little couch, planning to make some art for my walls, and keeping an eye out for some interesting ornaments.
 Unfortunately, the one thing I can't improve in my room is the light. But the whole house is on the dark side (hahaha!) so there's no use worrying about that.

Anyway, cue sparklingly inspirational bedroom photos!

*source

*source


*source

*source

*source


*source

*source

*source

*source

*source
Bonus comfy bed photo! I can just feel myself getting... sleepy... *yawn*

*source

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Ican see myself in of these. Great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely set of images, Amy. The second looks like a lovely bedroom and the fifth looks like a dream!

    ReplyDelete

My, what good taste you have in blogs! .....Hahaha! but seriously, thanks for the comment!